- I work as a Product Manager at Clever.
- I founded Filepicker.io, part of YC S12.
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can give people superpowers.
Great products can take someone totally beyond what they thought they could do, which is why creating them is so much fun.
Growing up, I dreamed of becoming a "door-to-door inventor" — I imagined talking to people about the problems they had and then designing devices to solve them. I never quite shook that dream, and am fortunate that my journey so far as a software engineer, startup founder, and product manager has let me do this at scale.
Outside of work, I cook, dance, hack on a number of side projects, and play soccer and piano. I currently live in San Francisco.
Product Manager at Clever
I am incredibly fortunate to be able to spend my days working on software that helps students learn and teachers teach. I am humbled to be working alongside such a talented and thoughtful team.
- Currently lead one of our innovation teams, building out a new line of business for Clever.
- Previously led Clever's school-facing product work, growing our active users from 100,000 to 4.5M over 18 months.
- Built, launched, and scaled Clever Badges, Clever's highest NPS product, now used by 10% of U.S. K-2 students.
- Started and ran a product leadership program to mentor and train coworkers in product management.
Head of Product Management at IFTTT
I worked with a team of 12 fantastic engineers and designers to build and grow IFTTT’s consumer products on iOS, Android, and the web. I headed up IFTTT's product roadmap, growth, metrics & user research, and day-to-day process.
As the first product manager, I established the role of product management at IFTTT, and built out the initial team.
- Built out a flagship product (Do) from initial conception to public launch.
- Increased success rate of the web onboarding flow by 43%.
- Coordinated a major brand update and simultaneous launch of 8 new apps across iOS and Android.
- Doubled the clickthrough rate and halved the unsubscribe rate of our email engagement efforts.
Founder and CEO at Filepicker.io
As the CEO, I drove the product, business, and technical direction of the company; as a founder, I did everything from UX design, fundraising, and hiring to coding the iOS product, content marketing, and customer support.
- Grew the company to 13 people and an AMR of $600,000 with over 1,000 customers.
- Participated in the YCombinator batch of Summer 2012.
- Raised $1.8mn from Andreessen Horowitz and other investors.
- Reached profitability in 18 months.
- Sold to Xenon Ventures in spring of 2014.
S.B. in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at MIT
GPA: 5.0/5.0. Minors in Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics.
- McGovern Award for significant impact on entrepreneurship - MIT, 2012
- Top 5 Graduating MIT computer scientists - ThePhenomList, 2012
- Whitelaw Prize for Originality of Design - MIT, 2010